You Are What You Eat, Really!
“Diet” is a word that is only second to that of exercise when it comes to hatred by many people. What you need to accomplish through a diet is to train your body to eat healthily. You need a diet that is actually a way of eating, not a temporary thing but a permanent thing.
Although that sounds even worse, dieting is something that is simple to do healthily even if you can’t live without certain foods. You can do it even when you are in too much of a rush and don’t have time. And, you can do it with lots of favors that you AND your children will enjoy.
Don’t think about a diet that’s taxing, troublesome, limiting or boring. Think of your diet as being free, open, full of taste and adventure, with all of the comfort that you want and need, too.
What is a Healthy Food?
The foods that you need play a significant role on your health. Foods are the fuel that your body requires to do a good job at the tasks that you ask it. In our machine look at the way that food works, the food that you consume is the fuel that your machine needs.
If you don’t give it quality food, it won’t perform the right way. Have you ever gone to put gas into your car and gotten to a really bad gas station where the fuel wasn’t high quality or even up to standard? It slows your car down. You don’t get the gas mileage that you are used to and you may even need to perform more maintenance on your car than you usually need to do.
In the way of your body, healthy food is just as important. If you consume the wrong foods all of the time, your body will not be able to perform as well as if you gave it the highest quality foods.
· Without nutrition, your body can become ill faster and with greater intensity.
· Your body does not heal as quickly from injury.
· Your blood pressure rises, your heart rate increases to unhealthy levels.
· You are more prone to limitations physically as well as mentally.
All sorts of problems arise from not eating a healthy diet of food. But, what is healthy and why is it healthy?
● Vegetables are one of the highest nutrient rich foods out there. They provide antioxidants to a high level that helps to heal your body, improve your physical fitness from the inside to the out, and they are very low in calories meaning you can eat more.
● Fruits are sweet so they can solve the sweet tooth. They also provide you with antioxidants and all types of nutrients that give your body the fuel it needs.
● Whole grains are also an important product of a healthy diet. Unlike “white” foods, whole grains give you so much more health. They don’t cause you to gain weight like others. Choosing simple differences from bread to pasta to potatoes allows you to get the tastes that you love but without the added calories, fats, and sugars that can cause you health issues.
● Water intake is also important. Those that do not get enough fluids end up having a body that retains water rather than having less. The body goes into dehydration mode, causing you to keep in all that you can. Consuming enough water means that you’ll system is hydrated, you’re eating less and that you aren’t getting as many calories from other liquids.
● Meats are important parts of the diet, too. You need protein but you shouldn’t want to get it from fatty meats. Improving your diet to just lean meats will allow you to cut down on the intake of cholesterol which will ultimately clog your heart minimizing blood flow to the rest of your body.
If you don’t do anything else, improving these five areas is all you need to do. The good news is that you don’t often need a lot of work to make them happen.
Your doctor may have additional or different recommendations for your health, too. He or she may recommend a diet that is different for your specific health issues. In addition, you may want to find out if there are any possible problems with the foods that you eat to your overall health specifically for your health problems.
Dieting To Lose Weight
Finally, if you need to lose weight, you need to minimize the amount of calories that you are taking in by monitoring how many you are consuming. The average person should consume about 1800 to 2000 calories per day. If you are dieting and need to lose weight, you need to reduce this amount to at 1500 to 1600 calories per day.
Go with the reductions that your doctor recommends here so that you have enough fuel for the day but are not allowing your body to store the extra fuel as fat throughout your body.
Where Are You Now?
When it comes to improving your diet fitness, you need to take into consideration the location that you are right now. What do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? How many calories are you consuming per day?
To help you to see the clear picture of what’s happening to your health in the foods that you eat, take note of how a normal day or week goes for you. Here are some steps to follow to find out how healthy your diet actually is and how healthy it isn’t!
· Spend one or two days recording the foods that you eat in an average day on a piece of paper. All foods and drinks should be noted!
· Figure out how many calories you are consuming in an average day.
· Look at your list of foods and see how many of them are high in transaturated fats, sugars and calories in general.
· How many servings of vegetables and fruits are you getting? How many servings of protein has been lean protein? Did you get in any whole grains? How much soda did you drink (which puts pounds on your waist each time?)
· How often did you eat without actually being hungry but being instead bored, anxious, stressed or otherwise emotionally impaired?
When you look at these facts you may clearly see where the problems lie. Being honest with yourself is important, though. For most people this is as simple as tracking what they eat over the period of a few days to a week. Seeing just how much in calories as well as in unhealthiness can really cause them to see what reality really is rather than to assume they are doing okay.
Now, sometime, you feel that you may not be able to give up some of your favorite dishes which may perhaps be harming to you. Let us see in the next post…………….
Be Happy – Keep Yourself Physically and Mentally Fit.