Monday, November 16, 2009

Be Happy – Accomplish Your Dreams (Part 75)

To Accomplish Your Dreams, you need to be ambitious. Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it. The man who knows how will always have a job. The man who also knows why will always be his boss. As to methods there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man, who tries methods but ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble. Success is the prize for those who stand true to their ideas.

I've got an ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom. This ambition makes me busy all the time and you know, it wins the hearts of those surrounding me – they say that I am not lazy. It is useful for me that I am able to have no pending job at any point of time. I try upon every small thing. We grow small trying to be great. I believe a little bit of success lies in everyone! Will you be the one to deny that? Or rather be the one who chooses to be guided by it? I hope you choose as I to do the latter When you go in search of honey you must expect to be stung by bees.

I have found one thing to be true that is that a day will never be any more or less than we make of it! Each day we are all faced with many opportunities. Often times these opportunities are disguised to us. However, if we can take the time to ponder these thoughts and work out a plan for how we can achieve them we will be successful!

The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. Don't be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves. Always be nice to people on the way up; because you'll meet the same people on the way down. There is no security on this earth; there is only opportunity. Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow. The future belongs to those who dare.

Yesterday, I was in a shopping mall putting articles of my need as per the list in my cart. Suddenly, I found there was a helping hand coming forward to me. He was my old student, “Sir, may I help you!” I was a little surprised as I believed he was out of country for a business for last one decade. “No, tell me when you returned.” “Returned? From where?” “You had gone abroad for a business – I didn’t see for a long time.” “Oh! Yes, I had gone to Germany in 1997 but came back in 2003. I was there to handle my father’s shoes business.” “Why did you come back?” “Before going there, I had been student of footwear manufacturing technology and I wished to hone up but there I found most of the work was carried on mechanically and I was not much free after looking after the business of my father. I got disgusted and came back”. “What are you doing now?” “I am with my father looking after his manufacturing unit. I am preparing for a job in a bank”. “In a bank?” “Actually I am not comfortable with business activity.” “Why for bank, why not for some Administrative Services?” “No, Administrative Services need superior talent – I don’t have.” I was a little bit disappointed with his statements. He was brilliant during his school days. It appears that he did not have long term planning of his career. He had been hitting the soft targets only and whenever he found something difficult, he changed. It was not good. A good caliber was going waste. I asked him, “No, try it – you may succeed.” I hope if he does seriously, he can win.

For streamlining your plan of accomplishing your dreams, Take the Three year test! What is the three year test you ask? It works like this, every month I write down my goals, particularly where I want to be in three years. Then I review this goals list, I ask myself what am I doing that will lead me to success. As well as ask myself what I need to be doing harder to achieve my goals. When I am finished I rewrite the goals. I have found that this allows me to stay focused on what I desire...

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. Imagination is more important than knowledge. What does not kill me makes me stronger. Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends. Life is made up of emotions not of marble and mud. Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure.

It is an indisputable truth that in order to achieve our goals we must first be willing to move past our failures! A persons persistence will in many cases be the deciding factor as to whether or not they can reach their dreams!...You win some, you lose some, you wreck some. If you have a lemon, make lemonade. If you are not afraid to face the music, you may someday lead the band. Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. Sow a thought and you reap an act; Sow an act and you reap a habit; Sow a habit and you reap a character; Sow a character and you reap a destiny. Difficulties are stepping stones to success. No horse gets anywhere till he is harnessed. No steam or gas ever drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined. While it is true that we can not control where we begin our life’s journey, At the same time it is a wonderful truth that no matter where that is? The end can be totally controlled by us! I also find it intriguing that life affords us so many opportunities each day. While we may not notice them rest assured that they are there. Often they come in the form of difficulties. Rarely have I found that upon tackling a particular problem I didn't find a bit of a rainbow at its end!

Be Happy – Have Confidence and Accomplish Your Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment