Friday, September 4, 2009

Be Happy – Accomplish Your Dreams (Part 6)

To Accomplish Your Dreams, the only thing that determines how you start with regards to your goals are the steps that you take towards them. After drawing out your targets, you need to take action for their accomplishment seriously because without taking the necessary action, it is certain that nothing is going to happen miraculously. If you truly want to put your goals into action you need to start! For example, I wish to meet my friends living in my neighborhood and abroad, I started to communicate with them through this blog, through emails, letters, phones and sometime, wherever possible personally too. Whatever matter/issue comes up before me, I put up through such means. Initially, it seemed to me some awkward working (or against normal etiquette) as I am knocking at your door without any solicitation or prior appointment ( as I feel some of you do not have enough time to meet me) but many times, I get some response and some time, I do not get but my practice is going on with the hope, the target that I would be able to exchange the views more constructively, more positively and that will strengthen my relations – it is possible that these efforts may bear fruit in mutual interests. I am getting a good traffic on this site also as well. I am sure that one day, I would have larger family of a number of good friends world over – this is my basic target.

I cringe to think what would've happened had I not taken those first awkward steps. Friends, when I began this I had know idea what the end result would be, I still don't. However, because I was willing to take that leap of faith I have been extremely fortunate to date. I encourage you to follow your dreams, you will never know where your roads will lead you unless you first try! You may succeed. A minute’s success pays the failure of the years. Begin at the beginning ... and go on till you come to the end, then relax. Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration to act upon. You can achieve in life when you have a GOAL and keep every step in a straight line toward it. You will have to have strong determination on your path. Talent is God given; be thankful. Praise is man given; be thankful. Conceit is self-given, you need be careful extra-ordinarily. A brave person is never afraid of hurdles. There comes a time in a man’s life when to get where he has to go...if there are no doors or windows...that brave man walks through the wall. You will have to be a brave person to Accomplish Your Dreams.

Out of all the messages I receive from my friends, the most common question tends to be "How did you change your attitude so drastically, from being a rude person to a happy person?" First, I have to assert that like most of you, I was having a number of jobs always pending stealing out the most of my time to search out some logics why I was not able to finish them in time. That was just a simple fact of life. I did not have any particular target fixed to achieve – I did not have any planned working, no priorities even. Whatever came on my table first, I took up and before that was finished, if another job came up, I used to jump over that resulting in the end, both the jobs were left unfinished at the end of my day of working. Now to answer the question, posed to me, I have developed a simple plan to aid me in keeping up my positive attitude, fixed up my priorities and targets to achieve. Some time ago I heard a very interesting quote, "a person is just about as happy as he makes up his mind to be". I have to tell you that the first time I heard this I was anything, but impressed. I thought what a foolish thing to think. How could someone say that I wasn't trying to be happy?

Luckily this quote had gone deep into my subconscious; I pondered it and began to wonder what its author had meant by it. I found the idea interesting that if maybe this person was right, I could somehow take an active role in my own happiness. The thought of this was simply overwhelming. Upon thinking about its meaning I realized that it was not so much that I could say "Now I am happy" as much as I could put simple things into place that would help me to develop my own happiness. One of the things I do on a daily basis is to feed my brain with positive affirmations. Another thing I do is to read stories about people who have overcome adversities to achieve what they desired. I find it a constant journey in developing ways to keep my attitude up. By far one of the best ways I have found to keep myself going is to help others up and to discover the power of motivational thinking. There is simply nothing as rewarding as giving freely of ourselves. I am a happy person today, putting aside my sorrows and thinking positive about the present and the future as well. I may ask you to go through the above once again if you really prepare yourself to Accomplish Your Dreams.

If you don’t know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else. Keep patience and do not turn back when you are just at the goal. You may try a little more and forget your tiredness as you are about to reach to your target. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. It is your determination that you gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along’... you must do the thing you think you cannot do. You know! There are two things to aim at in life: First, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Do all the good you can By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can. Ideas won’t work unless you do to Accomplish Your Dreams.

Be Happy - Accomplish Your Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment