Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Be Happy – Accomplish Your Dreams (Part 43)

Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can. We are what we believe we are. He can who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't. This is an inexorable, indisputable law. You must believe it when you are proceeding to Accomplish Your Dreams. You must believe in yourself. Belief in oneself is one of the most important bricks in building any successful venture. Very few ingredients are as common as blind faith when it comes to reading about the so called "Successful". However, blind faith is rarely so blind upon further research, simply put be sure to plan for your success. Follow these steps to help yourself succeed in your next venture.

Plan - Before you do anything to Accomplish Your Dreams, define your life goals and make a short action plan (keeping in mind that it can and will vary from time to time). That is, you may outline the things that you want to achieve and the steps that you must take to get started. Do you believe in this? – You must always measure everything according to your life goals. If it does not fit in with your life goals - the bigger picture, you should not pursue it further. To do so, it would be short term thinking and can be disastrous to keep you up – but do not worry, it happens psychologically. When I pursue the same track, I always ask this question "would I do this even if I were not going to get paid?" This sounds crazy, but in many cases when starting a new venture it can take a while to get it going. By first answering this question I can assure myself that I won't get disenchanted before my achievement takes hold! Keep the 'belief' level high! - I find that as long as I practice the above, list this part is relatively easy. I take the time to review my plan regularly to stay better focused on the goal at hand.

Fortune befriends the bold. There are high spots in all of our lives and most of them have come about through encouragement from someone else. I do not care how great, how famous or successful a man or woman may be, each hungers for applause - it is the greatest human need. Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticize. You can easily make the friend by appreciating instead of criticizing. It is essential for you to adopt this attitude if you wish to Accomplish Your Dreams smoothly. Personally, I believe that any man's life will be filled with constant and unexpected encouragement, if he makes up his mind to do his level best each day, and as nearly as possible reaching the high water mark of pure and useful living.

I talk a lot about personal success, which I do feel very strongly about; however, equally important is our own ability to encourage those around us! If I had to attribute one thing to my personal feeling of achievement it wouldn't be anything I have, nor anything I set out to accomplish on a material level. If I attribute to someone, he/she would feel obliged even if he/she had not contributed to your success to the extent you are giving him/her the credit. This simple pleasure could not be attained by any other way than to truly believe in and appreciate someone. I would encourage everyone to at least tell someone around you how much they are appreciated. You will feel a drastic change in your results when you proceed on to Accomplish Your Dreams.

My success just evolved from working hard at the business at hand each day more vigorously because I know that my failures are finger posts on the road to achievement. I affirm it daily that I would succeed one day and I think, it's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen. Always look for the good in others, in doing so they will find the good in you as well. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. To cultivate kindness is a valuable part of the business of life. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, and kindness in your smile. God will help you to Accomplish Your Dreams.

In addition to what I communicated so far, I may give you a checklist which you may mark off as you practice them ! I hope it will help you a lot to Accomplish Your Dreams.

(1) Smile at a stranger - This can go very far in bettering someone else's day! Practice it and you'll see it come back to you.

(2) Encourage your companion - We all long for encouragement in our lives. This comes natural to great leaders, but it can be acquired through practice. If you do it for your companions, they may return you in shape of their hearty cooperation in your ventures.

(3) Be a good finder - The world is full of negativity, practice this and you'll see a major change in the way you're viewed by your companions.

(4) Set weekly goals - Navigators know that the wind changes constantly, by planning they make sure that the wind stays in their sails. Weekly goals will help you to stay better focused on your target.

(5) Read motivational content daily - Each day we have a choice, that is to become consumed by the negativity that surrounds us or we can counter that by taking in more positive content! I am not saying to be blind to what is going on around us, what I am saying is that we need to be careful not to overlook the positives in our lives!

Be Happy – Accomplish Your Dreams by working systematically.

No comments:

Post a Comment